2012 | December
- BTVLEP’s Plan for Sustainable Economic Growth shared with local and national influencers
- Hughenden workspace GPF3 project gains outline approval creating 30 new jobs (over 1500 new jobs created as result of GPF to date)
- Chancellor urged by BTVLEP to take forward recommendations in Lord Heseltine’s ‘No Stone Unturned’ report | Download Letter
- BTVLEP responds to the Chancellors Autumn Statement
- LEP Skills board opens up to wider membership and collaborates on Work Wise Week
2012 | November
- BTVLEP joins Southern LEPs to respond to Heseltine Review
- BTVLEP considers recommendation from Department of Transport for Local Transport Bodies
- Skills Study paper published in conjunction with University of Warwick
- Buckinghamshire’s visitors economy comes under the spotlight, report expected February 2013
2012 | October
- Whitehall plays host as we consult on our plan for Sustainable Economic Growth
- 100 days sees 223 Apprenticeship places identified – more than double the target
- BTVLEP’s partnership with TVCC services a pipeline of 32 Inward Investment enquiries
2012 | September
- Safeguarding LEPs the priority as Chair meets with BIS
- Researching Pinewood’s expansion to bring jobs & growth to Bucks
- BTVLEP strengthens Economic Development ties with Aylesbury Vale District Council
- Bridging the ‘Digital Divide’ with Oxfordshire Business First
- Meeting of minds with Wycombe District Council
2012 | August
2012 | July
- BTVLEP Chairman contributes to Lord Heseltine review of the Economy
- BTVLEP hosts LEP brains trust with Centre for Local Economic Strategies
- BTVLEP and RBS discuss how to better support business growth plans
- BTVLEP lobbies government for a Smart Specialisation / Innovation Strategy
- BTVLEP contributes ideas to DEFRA LEP roundtable
- BTVLEP listens to Bucks Local Nature Partnership
- BTVLEP Chairman to speak at UK Infrastructure Conference 5-6 Dec 2012
2012 | June
- £132,000 secured to support SMEs in Bucks take on an Apprentice
- BTVLEP contributes ideas to BIS Select committee on Regional Growth Fund
- Commission for Rural Communities hears how we support rural business
- BTVLEP tells the European Commission what makes Buckinghamshire the ‘Entrepreneurial Heart of Britain’
- UKTI’s Life Science and Advanced Engineering teams visit Instron & Magellan
- Business challenged to generate 100 apprenticeship placements in 100 days.
- 2nd call for innovative ideas to unlock growth using Growing Places Fund
- Infrastructure and Skills Groups agree to find '100 Apprentices in 100 days'
2012 | May
- Just a few months in and the draft LEP Manifesto already with the board.
- Bucks 'Business Skills and Employability' survey results are in.
- Greater Thames Valley LEPs agree to fight for investment in success.
2012 | April
- Awarded £2m more Growing Places Funding making £6.2 million in total.
- Bucks 2012 Legacy Dinner count down to Olympics - Sir Steve Redgrave.
- LEP secretariat secures professional European funding bid capacity.
- Bucks business touchdown Hub launched with the Institute of Directors.
- FSB tells Chairman what is important for business.
2012 | March
- Awarded £4.2 million Growing Places Funding to support Handy Cross development, High Speed Broadband and East West Rail projects.
- Win £16 million BDUK bid in partnership with Hertfordshire to deliver superfast broadband to 90% of the county by 2014.
- Inward Investment expertise to be provided Thames Valley Chamber.
2012 | January
- Business led bid for LEP status given green light.