So what has the LEP ever done for us..?
2013 | December
- Almost 4,000 businesses now behind BTVLEP
- Submitted draft 5 year economic plan for Bucks for our share of £2bn
- Chair speaks at Visit Britain annual conference
- Continuing to champion broadband across Thames Valley
- Showcased transport plans to senior Department for Transport official
- Joint transport meeting with LGA and DfT
2013 | November
- Hosted visit from South Korea
- Growth Hub status awarded to Buckinghamshire Business First
- Transport discussion with Patrick McLoughlin MP, Secretary of State
- Co-hosted visit by Vince Cable MP to Silverstone
- Joint national LGA roundtable about transport challenges with DfT and Highways Agency
- Guest speaker at ADEPT national conference
- National skills Roundtable with BIS Matthew Hancock MP
- Businesses attending Buckinghamshire Business First AGM
- Chair met with Sir Bob Kerslake to press Case for issues
- Updated Parliamentary Space Committee on LEP activity
2013 | October
- Chief Executive of UKTI visits Pinewood Studios
- BIS recognises Buckinghamshire Business First as the first Non City Growth Hub
- Bucks LEP hosts Cabinet Office review of LEPs
- Business briefing for Bucks MPs on Construction
- Chair leads with Universities on implementing the Witty Review of Innovation
- Bucks LEP hosts Department for Transport visit
- Presentation to European Internet Foundation about broadband in Bucks
- EU plan for €13.9m investment submitted
- Draft Strategic Economic Plan submitted
- Hosted 27 of 39 LEP Chairs with ADEPT, TSB and UKTI
- Bid for 5G Mobile Pilot with Greater Thames Valley LEPs
2013 | September
- Hosted investor visits from Eastern Europe and Japan
- Commission and launch of Heathrow Economic Impact Study
- Met with Labour and Tory Ministers to illustrate national importance of Bucks Economy
- Profiling the importance of the Entrepreneurial Heart of Britain at Local Government Association, National Audit Office, and with others
- Writing of local Growth Plans to secure significant external investment into Bucks
2013 | August
- Delivered EU investment workshop
- Pushing asks of Whitehall for broadband, inward investment, skills, business support
- Connecting our plan with neighbouring LEPs in London and Greater Thames Valley
- Skills Ask on Higher Apprenticeships now being considered by BIS
- Moving forward on schools engagement and a new approach to IAG
- Software now in place to scan all job vacancies & skills needs in Bucks
2013 | July
- LEP Chairman meets Prime Minister.
- Bucks Case Conference agrees priorities for immediate Whitehall help.
- BTVLEP Think Tank on future proofing.
- Chairman meets with Sir Bob Kerslake, Head of Civil Service.
- Skills workshop looking at the future need and demand.
- LEPs commission economic impact study for Heathrow options.
- Bucks receives £8.3m to improve transport.
2013 | June
- GTV6 LEPs agree shared priorities.
- GTV6 LEPs and Digital Business First target inadequate broadband.
- Bucks tour ref: EU funds to Brussels.
- LEPs shape Single Pot guidance for £2bn annual spend.
- GTV6 LEPs collaborate to maximise EU funds benefits.
2013 | May
- BTVLEP partners with closest LEPs to form the GTV6 - Read our research on the GTV6 >
- BTVLEP is leading the national debate on the LEP Single Pot with Govt – watch for up-to-the-minute tweets on June 26th.
- The LEP, with Buckinghamshire Business First, shone a light on the National Film & Television School - £350,000 raised for one of Bucks’ crown jewels.
- Digital Business First champions superfast broadband to Whitehall.
- BTVLEP join forces with European Internet Foundation to push for digital infrastructure.
- Oxfordshire and Bucks LEPs work on shared skills priorities.
- BTVLEP work with National Careers Service to support Buckinghamshire businesses.
- Bucks LEP Chair leads for all 39 LEPs in discussions with Prime Minister.
2013 | April
- HM Treasury Think Tank on Bucks Economy.
- BTVLEP trailblazing the concept of a non city city deal.
2013 | March
- Digital Business First campaign launched nationally by Neelie Kroes.
- £70k success for Buckinghamshire New University at the Fast Forward Awards to develop new Telehealth Solutions.
- LEP Chair reports to the APPG call for evidence on Skills and Growth.
2013 | February
- BTVLEP wins extra £1 million funding from Broadband UK
- USE-ACT project awarded €1/2 million URBACT funding to look at managing development in ‘constrained areas’
- BTVLEP bring together LEP partners to pioneer discussions on strategic EU priorities with DEFRA
- Minister for Europe agrees to improve Buckinghamshire’s reach into the EU
- LEADER and Buckinghamshire Business First demonstrate the positive impact of rural funding to David Lidington – over 130 businesses helped, 100 new jobs created
- LEP Secretariat Buckinghamshire Business First reaches 2000 members representing over 25% of private sector workforce
- Work Wise Week Bucks bridges the skills gap and gets hundreds of young people wise about work
- Pinch Point Funding to ease congestion at Chapel Lane Bottleneck Junction applied for
2013 | January
- Nick Baird, Chief Executive of UKTI and a member of the BIS board announced as BTVLEPs senior Whitehall sponsor
- 700 businesses helped, 64k tonnes CO2 saved , £1.75m in grants distributed by BTVLEP Secretariat, Buckinghamshire Business First
- BTVLEP collaborates with Hertfordshire, Berkshire and Oxfordshire LEPs EnterpriseM3, and SEMLEP on shared priorities